If you are scrambling to finish everything you need to finish during December 2018, planning for 2019 could feel like an impossible dream!
I sometimes find that making a huge, multifaceted plan can feel like an awfully big mountain to climb, but if I chip away at a piece of that mountain, it can set me on a path towards getting the (planning) job done.
One tool that I’ve learned in journal writing workshops that also is applicable to my work life is: The Start/Stop List.
It’s pretty simple: What do you want to START doing in 2019, and what do you want to STOP doing?
For example, you could say that you want to START:
- Asking for help
- Calling donors on the phone, just to say “thanks”
- Finding new, easily-accessible learning opportunities (e.g. books, podcasts)
- Finding out what your board members need from you in order to do their jobs better
- Getting up from your desk and walking around for at least 20 minutes per day
- Networking in one new place or group
- Having difficult, but necessary, conversations
- Saying big goals out loud, to make them feel real
And you want to STOP:
- Doing everything alone, without help or a team
- Focusing too much on acquiring new donors, without taking care of the donors you already have
- Forgetting deadlines
- Complaining about your board
- Ignoring opportunities for social media outreach
- Going to networking events and not talking to anyone new
- Avoiding difficult, but necessary conversations
- Thinking small, out of fear
I want to make this easy for you! If you CLICK HERE to join the PITCH List, you’ll get a FREE, downloadable and printable Start/Stop List Maker! (I’ve given you a peek at it, in the image at the top of this post.) This is only available for a short time, so I hope you’ll take advantage of this free resource while it lasts!
After you click, you’ll get:
- A FREE resource to give you that nudge you may need to create your 2019 Start/Stop List
- Occasional newsletters, tips, ideas, and inspiration that will help you reach your goals. (I promise not to inundate your email inbox!)
CLICK here to get your free Start/Stop List, and start chipping away at your 2019 planning process!